TSANZ Chiesi Advancing Women in Respiratory Health Award
The aim of this Award is to raise the profile of women within respiratory health and to reduce the barriers for women in STEMM fields. The Award will support the professional development of two women working in respiratory health.
These awards are open to women across all areas of respiratory health. One award will be for an early career researcher, and one award for a mid-career researcher.
Each award consists of up to AU $7500 to be used for professional development or training courses. Courses may include professional development courses such as leadership and project management, or training courses in specific skills related to the profession of the recipient of the award.
To be eligible for the award the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A current member of the TSANZ, and
- A citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand or be endorsed by the Administering Institution in Australia or New Zealand
- An Australian or New Zealand-based health care professional, student or researcher working in respiratory health.
EARLY CAREER GRANT
- Be undertaking training in any health or science discipline relevant to respiratory health or a higher degree in an area directly relevant to respiratory research, or
- Have completed training in any health or science discipline or graduated with a higher degree in an area directly relevant to respiratory health within five years (plus career disruptions) of the closing date for this application.
MID CAREER GRANT
- Have completed training in any health or science discipline or graduated with a higher degree in an area directly relevant to respiratory health more than five years and less than ten years (plus career disruptions) of the closing date for this application.
 A Financial member of the TSANZ who has obtained the support of a proposer and seconder and has been endorsed by the TSANZ Board. Please contact the TSANZ Office to facilitate this process. The Respiratory Nurses SIG would be happy to support the application for membership of anyone eligible to apply for this award.
 The application is endorsed by the Administering Institution to have the requisite work visa in place at the time of accepting the successful grant:
The applicant will remain employed in Administering Institution for the duration of the funding period;
The application is endorsed by the Administering Institution;
If the applicant is not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, have the requisite work visa in place at the time of accepting the successful grant;
The applicant will remain employed in the Administering Institution for the duration of the funding period.
The following conditions apply to this award:
- The award must be used before the end of the calendar year.
- Recipients are required to submit a report for publication in the TSANZ newsletters, Annual Report and other TSANZ publications as relevant.
- Recipients consent to publication of their name and a brief description of their work on the TSANZ website, member communications and TSANZ social media. In addition, a photograph and quote may be requested from the recipient for publication.
Note: These conditions must be met to remain eligible for future award rounds.
Applicants must email their application, including the completed application cover form, to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight 13th November 2022.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the noted eligibility criteria and including a statement regarding your career stage relative to opportunity (maximum one page). Include any significant career disruptions supporting eligibility outside the listed criteria in a separate page (maximum one A4 page).
- A summary of your career and future career goals in respiratory health in New Zealand or Australia (maximum two A4 pages).
- Outline of the proposed activity(s) and how it will support your professional development in respiratory health, including budget (maximum three A4 pages).
- CV (maximum four A4 pages).
Note: All text must be submitted on A4 pages with a 2cm margin to the top, bottom, left and right. Text must be single line spaced, with size 12 Times New Roman font. No columns are permitted.
Applications will be assessed by members of the TSANZ Research Committee according to the following criteria:
|Current and future career goals in respiratory health in New Zealand or Australia||40%|
|Outline of proposed activity and how this will support professional development, including appropriateness of budget||40%|
|Track record relevant to career goals||20%|
If you would like to more information on Award Submissions please email email@example.com. Or,