TSANZ Boehringer Ingelheim New Zealand Lung Health Travel Award
This travel award is designed to reward, encourage and provide international exposure for Advanced Trainees in Respiratory Medicine, junior Respiratory Physicians, postdoctoral respiratory healthcare professionals, and Respiratory Researchers whose work focuses on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, bronchiectasis, and interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
The award consists of up to NZ $4000 plus GST to cover the recipient’s expenses (return airfare, registration, accommodation, living expenses) to attend and present an abstract at a relevant international respiratory conference, including: the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), the European Respiratory Society (ERS), Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR), or the American Thoracic Society (ATS).
- A current member of the TSANZ, and
- A citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand, or have the requisite work or study visa and be endorsed by the Administering Institution,
- A New Zealand-based health care professional or researcher,
- Currently undertaking advanced training in Respiratory Medicine, or have completed training within the last five years of the closing date for this application, or
- Have completed a research higher degree in the last five years of the closing date for this application,
- Be submitting an abstract on COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis, or IPF based work as a presenting author for the TSANZ ASM, and
- Available to attend the next meeting of the selected conference to present an abstract based on similar work to that presented at the TSANZ NZ ASM.
 A Financial member of the TSANZ who has obtained the support of a proposer and seconder and has been endorsed by the TSANZ Board.
The application is endorsed by the Administering Institution to have the requisite work or study visa in place at the time of accepting the successful grant and will remain employed for the duration of the funding period.
The following conditions apply to this award:
- The award must be used before the end of the calendar year.
- Recipients are required to submit a report for publication in the TSANZ newsletters, Annual Report and other TSANZ publications as relevant.
- Recipients consent to publication of their name and a brief description of their work on the TSANZ website, member communications and TSANZ social media. In addition, a photograph and quote may be requested from the recipient for publication.
- Funds may not be used to cover any overhead costs levied by the Administering Institution.
Note: These conditions must be met to remain eligible for future award rounds.
- A track record (maximum two A4 pages). Include any significant career disruptions supporting eligibility outside the listed criteria in a separate page (maximum one A4 page).
- Publications over the last five years, excluding career disruptions (unlimited pages).
Note: All text must be submitted on A4 pages with a 2cm margin to the top, bottom, left and right. Text must be single line spaced, with size 12 Times New Roman font. No columns are permitted.
Applications will be assessed by members of the TSANZ Research Committee according to the following criteria:
Significance and Innovation