TSANZ Indigenous Respiratory Nursing Award
The TSANZ Indigenous Respiratory Nurses Development Award aims to raise the profile of indigenous health within respiratory nursing and the work of respiratory nurses of an indigenous background.
The Award will support the professional development of one nurse who:
• Is either of an indigenous background OR working as a nurse in indigenous respiratory health
• Has demonstrated their interest and commitment to nursing and indigenous health
The award consists of AUD 5000 to be used for professional development or research support as outlined in their application.
To be eligible for the award the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A current member of the TSANZ, and
- A nurse registered with either the Australian Health Practitioner Registry Agency or Nursing Council of New
- Applicants must be able to provide:
- A statement of their work as a nurse related to indigenous respiratory health (at least 50% of work time) AND/OR statement of work as a nurse of an indigenous background (preference will be given to those of an indigenous background);
- and demonstrate:
- An understanding of the issues affecting indigenous people and interest and commitment to nursing and indigenous health;
- An aim to strengthen knowledge and make a positive contribution to the provision of, or research in, respiratory health nursing in Indigenous communities in New Zealand or Australia; and
- An ability to communicate sensitively and effectively about indigenous issues for peoples in Australia or New Zealand.
 A Financial member of the TSANZ who has obtained the support of a proposer and seconder and has been endorsed by the TSANZ Board. Please contact the TSANZ Office to facilitate this process. The Respiratory Nurses SIG would be happy to support the application for membership of anyone eligible to apply for this award.
The following conditions apply to this award:
- The award must be used before the end of the calendar year
- Recipients are required to submit a report for publication in the TSANZ newsletters and/or Annual Report.
Note: These conditions must be met to remain eligible for future award rounds.
Applicants must email their application, including the completed application cover form, to email@example.com before midnight 11th November 2022.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the noted eligibility criteria (maximum one A4 page).
- A summary of your nursing career including contribution to the provision of, or research in, respiratory health nursing in Indigenous communities in New Zealand or Australia (maximum two A4 pages).
- One letter of endorsement supporting the application. Letters of support should ideally be written by someone who has worked alongside or supervised the work of the applicant in the field of respiratory health nursing.
- How the funds will be used i.e. conference attendance and any other proposed professional development or research support (maximum one A4 page).
Note: All text must be submitted on A4 pages with a 2cm margin to the top, bottom, left and right. Text must be single line spaced, with size 12 Times New Roman font. No columns are permitted.
Selection will be made on merit of the application, their work within indigenous respiratory nursing and positive impact and improvements for Indigenous communities in New Zealand or Australia.
The panel reserves the right to request additional information, where it deems necessary. The panel decision is final. Feedback may be provided to unsuccessful applicants on request.
If you would like to more information on Award Submissions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or,